1. Staab CA, Maser E. 11beta-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 is an important regulator at the interface of obesity and inflammation. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol, 2010 Mar;119(1-2):56-72.
2. London E, Castonguay TW. Diet and the role of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-1 on obesity. J Nutr Biochem, 2009 Jul;20(7):485-93.
3. Volek JS, Sharman MJ, et al. Body composition and hormonal responses to a carbohydrate-restricted diet. Metabolism, 2002 Jul;51(7):864-70.
4. Morton NM, Seckl JR. 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 and obesity. Front Horm Res, 2008;36:146-64.
5. Tomlinson JW, Sherlock M, et al. Inhibition of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 activity in vivo limits glucocorticoid exposure to human adipose tissue and decreases lipolysis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 2007 Mar;92(3):857-64.
6. Paulsen SK, Pedersen SB, et al. 11Beta-HSD type 1 expression in human adipose tissue: impact of gender, obesity, and fat localization. Obesity (Silver Spring), 2007 Aug;15(8):1954-60.
7. Zhu L, Hou M, et al. Testosterone stimulates adipose tissue 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 expression in a depot-specific manner in children. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 2010 Jul;95(7):3300-8.
8. Desbriere R, Vuaroqueaux V, et al. 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 mRNA is increased in both visceral and subcutaneous adipose tissue of obese patients. Obesity (Silver Spring), 2006 May;14(5):794-8.
9. Engeli S, Böhnke J, et al. Regulation of 11beta-HSD genes in human adipose tissue: influence of central obesity and weight loss. Obes Res, 2004 Jan;12(1):9-17.
10. Friedberg M, Zoumakis E, et al. Modulation of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 in mature human subcutaneous adipocytes by hypothalamic messengers. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 2003 Jan;88(1…